Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What a difference a year makes!!

I spent a wonderful weekend in New Orleans with my family!   These times are always spent chatting it up, eating Mom's yummy cooking (this time it was red beans & rice), laughing (A LOT) and we even managed to squeeze in a little "clothes swap".  We all came away happy and with some super cute stuff to add to our wardrobe, shoe collection and jewelry box!  I think it is something that we'll try to do every few months...perhaps as Seasons change during the year.  :o)

On Saturday, I decided to finally pull out that pink/black zebra print tee that I thrifted a couple months back.  I started out wearing it like this...pretty simple, but still made a little statement (at least I think so).
I had a human photographer and everything!

That night, we decided to head out to the French Quarter Music Festival (free admission...yay for that!), so I "rock-n-roll'ed" it up a little.  I switched my tank top to the outside, belted it, added some more jewelry, and Voila!...
My Lovelies:
Gray tank - Target
Zebra tee - thrifted
Maxi skirt - thrifted
Black belt - thrifted
Most comfy flip-flops ever - Target


 
Sunday we went to church then went out for some super yummy lunch at Alligator Pear before I headed home.   I wore a dress I've had for a couple of years and this was only the 2nd time I've ever worn it.  I found a picture of me wearing it for the first time almost exactly a year ago.
Pardon my silly niece in the background.
Comparing the two has really put a lot of stuff in perspective for me.  One year ago, I was in a relationship but was extremely unhappy...I was over-weight and hated what I saw when I looked in the mirror and I think that absolutely shows on my face in the picture.  I was lost... 
 
 
Fast-forward 12 months, and...WOW!!!
My Lovelies:
Dress - Family Dollar
Tank - had forever
Belt - thrifted
Wedges - thrifted

I am happily single (although I am taking applications to fill that position), LOVE what I see in the mirror a heck of a lot more and am most importantly no longer lost, but rather on the way to finding out EXACTLY who I am!  :o)

Happy Tuesday!
TTFN!
--Lissa

2 comments:

  1. You look hot Mama!!
    Congrats on being happy.
    Thanks for coming by my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so great, Melissa!! Check out out rockin' the high waisted skirt! I love it. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts!