Sunday, May 1, 2011

As Ricky Bobby once said...THAT just happened!!

As I said yesterday, I am visiting my family in NOLA this weekend and had hopes of doing a little thrifting with my sisters at some point during the trip.  Well, this morning I did one of my favorite things...slept in on a Saturday until I woke up (which was at 10:38am).  Thrifting was on our "To Do" list for today, but at the last minute we decided that we might try to hit a couple of garage sales while we were out.   Realizing how late it was (12:00), we sucked down our coffee and ran out the door in our workout clothes, greasy hair and yesterday's make-up.  (Classy garage sale looks)   Anybody that knows anything about garage sales, knows that hitting them first thing in the morning is always better.  As it gets closer to the afternoon, people get hot and tired and usually start shutting down and packing up...so we kinda knew that the likely-hood of finding anybody still set up was not very great.  Anyhoo...we ended up finding several that were listed in the classifieds and then happened on a few more.  
What we learned about catching a garage sale so close to "closing time" is that people just want to get rid of their stuff and are willing to give it away for next to nothing. 
(That's what I'm talking about, baby!)  ;o)   

When we got back we threw everything in a pile and were just in awe at all the stuff we ended up with:

Just for curiousity's sake, I decided to take inventory of everything we ended up with.  
Here are the contents of the pile:
  • 31 children's books
  • 1 puzzle
  • 1 picture/frame
  • 5 purses
  • 2 cosmetic bags
  • 1 wallet
  • 3 cd's
  • 1 Bible case
  • 3 belts
  • 11 scarves
  • 1 hankerchief
  • 3.5 yards of fabric
  • 1 bill organizer rack
  • 1 kid's scarf set
  • 5 kitchen containers
  • 1 halloween costume
  • 5 toys
  • 1 roll of wrapping paper
  • 4 necklaces
  • 6 bracelets
  • 1 pair of earrings
  • 5 dresses
  • 5 sweaters
  • 2 skirts
  • 3 shorts
  • 2 tanks
  • 4 capris
  • 19 shirts
  • 1 kids swim trunks/tee
  • 5 kids shirts

We then figured out how much money was spent between the 3 of us.  Are you ready for this?? 
Grand total spent...$50 dollars.
Are you kidding me?!  I couldn't believe it!!  Did that just happen??  How awesome is that?!
I personally spent $20 and am going home with a butt-load of awesome stuff. 
It was the best garage sale trip in the history of the world!  (Well, at least in my world)  
We were so content with our findings that we didn't even venture over to the thrift store.   
I'm sure we'll be hitting it up next trip though...  ;o) 

So, needless to say, it was a pretty awesome day and ended with a visit (and some yummy beignets/coffee) with family and some great friends.  (I'll tell ya more about that later).  ;o)

TTFN!
--Lissa

2 comments:

  1. Umm totally jealous !! Love it great thrifting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is unbelievable!! Next time, I'm going with you. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts!